US citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
OptTek Systems is the leading provider of optimization technology to the simulation software industry. Founded in 1992, the OptTek team includes internationally recognized leaders in optimization and has a history of creating world class applications combining simulation, optimization, and analytics. OptTek’s culture promotes positive attitudes, mutual respect across our team, and a fun, friendly working environment. We work hard but value work/life balance, generally enjoying a 36-hour, 4-day work week. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance and 401(k). Company events include a wide range of team and family-friendly activities throughout the year. To learn more about OptTek, visit www.opttek.com.
OptTek is growing and is seeking software engineers with great programming skills and a strong interest in mathematical, statistical and analytical applications. The positions require highly motivated, detail-oriented professionals capable of both independent and small team performance on a variety of software development tasks. OptTek engages in a variety of commercial and government work.
Essential requirements include:
- A degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Operations Research, or another technical field, or equivalent educational experience.
- Five or more years of professional software development experience. Salary and responsibilities will be dependent on the level of experience.
- Demonstrated experience in software design and architecture.
- Experience developing web-based and desktop applications using Java and related technologies.
- A desire to create code for the user interface, backend services, and data manipulation.
- The ability to interact with customers to understand their problems and help them utilize our solutions.
Expertise in any of the following areas is a plus:
- The ability to write software involving optimization, algorithms, simulation, mathematics, or data analytics.
- R, Python, Tableau or other tools for scripting and data analysis and manipulation
- UI and UX design, JavaFX
An active DOD security clearance is a big plus.
OptTek is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be a dog-friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.