US citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
OptTek Systems is the leading provider of optimization technology to the simulation software industry. Founded in 1992, the OptTek team includes internationally recognized leaders in optimization and has a history of creating world class applications combining simulation, optimization, and analytics. OptTek’s culture promotes positive attitudes, mutual respect across our team, and a fun, friendly working environment. We work hard but value work/life balance, generally enjoying a 36-hour, 4-day work week. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance and 401(k). Company events include a wide range of team and family-friendly activities throughout the year. To learn more about OptTek, visit www.opttek.com.
OptTek is growing and is seeking a software development project manager that can bring leadership to teams for the day-to-day management and operations of a wide range of projects. The position requires a highly motivated, detail-oriented professional capable of bridging concept to solution by driving collaboration within cross-functional teams. OptTek engages in a variety of commercial and government work.
Essential requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience
- Five or more years of professional project management experience with an emphasis on software development
- Adept at creating and managing project budgets and developing and tracking meaningful project metrics
- Experience using project management tools and the ability to put processes in place to guide projects from conception to sustainment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Capable of managing overlapping projects that may be in various stages of the product lifecycle
- Actively track progress against a plan to ensure quality at all levels and the ability to identify and manage concerns, risks and issues
Expertise in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Java or a related object-oriented language
- Knowledge or experience in optimization, algorithms, simulation, mathematics, or data analytics
- Full Stack technologies
An active DOD security clearance is a big plus.
OptTek is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be a dog-friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.