US citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain and maintain a DOD security clearance.
OptTek Systems is the leading provider of optimization technology to the simulation software industry. Founded in 1992, the OptTek team includes internationally recognized leaders in optimization and has a history of creating world-class applications combining simulation, optimization, and analytics. OptTek’s culture promotes positive attitudes, mutual respect across our team, and a fun, friendly working environment. We work hard but value work/life balance, generally enjoying a 36-hour, 4-day work week. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes health insurance and 401(k). Company events include a wide range of team and family-friendly activities throughout the year. To learn more about OptTek, visit www.opttek.com.
OptTek is growing and is seeking someone who can come in and jump into a hybrid position of both user experience designer, as well as capable front-end developer. The position requires a highly motivated, detail-oriented professional capable of both independent and small team performance on a variety of desktop and web-based applications. OptTek engages in a variety of commercial and government work.
Essential requirements include:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical work experience
- Five or more years of professional UI/UX development experience
- A portfolio demonstrating experience in effective and imaginative problem solving
- Experience using design tools for generating wireframes, high fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Collaborating within a team to translate ideas and problems into intuitive and clean UIs while able to give and receive feedback easily
- The ability to interact with customers and fellow engineers to understand their requests, but know when to dig deeper to uncover the truly desired functionality
Expertise in any of the following areas is a plus:
- Java and JavaFX
- ExtJS, GXT and GWT
- The ability to write software involving optimization, algorithms, simulation, mathematics, or data analytics
- R, Python, Tableau or other tools for scripting and data analysis and manipulation
An active DOD security clearance is a big plus.
OptTek is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be a dog-friendly, Equal Opportunity Employer.